Hide Issue Type

Hi Expert,

I want to hide some specific issue types from drop-down list of Issue type field without issue type migration.Is there any way to do this.Have a look screen shot below.

Could you please inform me?

Thanks

Mohin

4 answers

Hi Mohin,

do you want only hide Issue types from this drop-down list or also disable(block) creation of Issues with this hidden Issue types?

Hi Michal,

I want to only hide Issue types from drop down list.

Thanks

Mohin

So in some of your projects user will not be able to create Issues with hidden types, that means, that in these projects you don't want have Issues with these hidden types? Because if yes, then you can use different "Issue type schemes" for different projects..

But if you want have Issues with these hidden types in project and they will be hidden only in drop-down list, I don't know if this is possible.

as @Michal suggested if don't want have issues with hidden issuetypes then create new issuetype scheme

still you want hide issue types using javascript try with following code

<script type="text/javascript">
 $(document).ready(function() {	
	$("#issuetype option").each(function()	{
   if( $(this).text() == 'issuetype name' || $(this).text() == 'issuetypename' ){
    $(this).remove();
		}
	});

});  
</script>

@rambanam

Your JS does not work for me in 5.x version.

try with this

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
	JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function(e,context) {
		$("#issuetype option").each(function()  {
   if( $(this).text() == 'issuetype name' || $(this).text() == 'issuetypename' ){
    $(this).remove();
        }
    });
	});
});
</script>

i suggest you to add js code as webresource, check the following post

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47843/strange-javascript-problem-in-create-screen

This doesn't work for JIRA 7.2.3. @Rambanam Prasad any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Look this link .

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159706/hide-select-lists-of-project-and-issue-type-from-the-create-screen

it's can help you

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

83 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you