Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Hide History tabs in JIRA activity panel.

Hi,

I wanted to hide the history tab in activity panel. Could anyone help, how to achieve this ?

Regards,

Dileep.

ActivityPanel.PNG 

4 answers

1 vote

Hi @DILEEP KUMAR

What do you want to achieve with this?

I don't think so this will be possible with configurations may be you need to go with Javascript and all.

Thanks Yogesh for response !!

I wanted to hide this, so that other user cant't see the history.

Could please suggest, how to achieve this using Java Script ?

Regards,

Dileep. 

Hi All/ @Yogesh Mude,

I am able to hide all the content of Activity Panel. I wanted to hide only History Tab from activity Panel. Could any one suggest how to achieve it ?

Regards,

Dileep.

Hi All/ @DILEEP KUMAR

How can you hide all the content of Activity Panel?

Thank you,

Vlad

Hi Vlad, 

PFA.Hide1.pngHide2.png

For hiding the Activity Panel use the Script Fragment --> Add New Item --> Enter the module name --> Put condition. It will hide the Activity Tab.

Regards,

Dileep Kumar

@DILEEP KUMAR 

How to hide it for only particular group .

If it is still relevant: D and someone can need it, then here is a script, a condition for filtering groups:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
def checkCuruser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

groupManager.isUserInGroup(checkCuruser,'manager')

// it means that the fragment will be opened if the user is in the group of managers

Like DILEEP KUMAR likes this

When I was looking for a plugin that could be helpful for this issue, I saw one that came close (Issue History for Jira by SaaSJet) but not quite so I reached out to them and suggested this feature.

About a month ago, they came back with the news that such feature is already available. You can avail of the free 30-day trial and give them feedback too.

They have implemented an access manager option for the add-on and now Jira admins are able to provide or restrict Issue History access to particular Jira groups (see attached).

*disclaimer: I am not connected with the company. 🙂

Permissions.pngissue history for Jira.jpg

Hey @DILEEP KUMAR @Fernando Passos 

One of the possible solutions is to disable one of the system app's modules. In JIRA we have the native app - "Issue Tab Panels Plugin" which is responsible for rendering:

• all tab;
  • comment tab;
  • work log tab;
  • history tab. 

I am attaching the example of how to disable the history tab: 

BEFORE: 

Снимок экрана 2022-12-11 в 16.49.52.png

STEPS:
JIRA Administration -> Manage apps > Filter by System apps > Issue Tab Panels Plugin > Expand all modules > Change History Tab Panel > Disable 

RESULT: 

Снимок экрана 2022-12-11 в 16.48.45.png

-----
P.S.: It might be interesting to hide the activity tab that might also show the history. In order to hide this tab you need to disable another plugin's module – "JIRA Activity Stream Plugin". 

STEPS:

JIRA Administration -> Manage apps > Filter by System apps > JIRA Activity Stream Plugin > Expand all modules > Activity Stream Issue Tab Panel > Disable 

Best, 
Oleg. 

Is there a solution to this problem? Is it possible to hide the history tab with fragments or behavior?

Suggest an answer