Hi, Why you would move a feature into rejected closed without any additional information on fix .

Angela Joy Waters January 12, 2021

I used Jira a few years back (not very frequently) so please be patient with this one :) 

In my new role I've noticed a lot of the features are in a rejected closed status , without going into each one on the board why would this be. . as the information is very limited as to why .

Also any recommendations for good jira practice .

Thanks 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

I'd say you need to do some work with your product owners and development team - just remind them that if they reject something, there should be a (brief) explanation of why it's closed as rejected.

Worst case - take the passive-aggressive route of re-opening the issues and with "no explanation for closure" type comments.  Or raising duplicates over and over until they get the message.  I strongly recommend not doing this, talk to them first.

Angela Joy Waters January 12, 2021

Thanks I’ll do this.

From what I can gather and with it being a new role.  The explanations are very brief , such as duplicate, or this has been resolved under another feature, is this work worth doing considering this isn’t planned until cuz etc.. it’s more behind why they would use this .

I will definitively work closer with the PO and dev teams to understand their reasoning .

thanks so much 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Angela Joy Waters , 

Welcome (back) to the community! 

The information in your question is pretty limited too, and the why can be very very different.

A Feature request in the Closed status with resolution "Rejected":
we could assume that new features can be requested by any number of users, and development does not have time to implement all the requested features, especially if some are not in line with the vision of the product owner and envisioned roadmap. 

Thus certain requested features can be closed with resolution Rejected, although one might hope a - small - comment is added with explanation.

Should you have any more questions or I misunderstood, let me know! 

- Tessa

Suggest an answer