Hi, Is there a way I can set the reporter as the tester by default in the JIRA cloud? Many Thanks

Karthika Murugesan December 14, 2021

Hi, Is there a way I can set the reporter as the tester by default in the JIRA cloud? Many Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

hi @Karthika Murugesan , welcome to the Community.

I assume Tester is a user field. You could either use a workflow transition Post function (if this is a CMP project) or Automation. If I understood more about your situation I could provide more details. Let me know if either of the above would work and if you need details on how to accomplish.

Hi @Jack Brickey, thanks for getting back to me.

when someone logs an issue(ticket), how can I get the JIRA cloud to set the Tester field(user picker) to the person who is logging the ticket(the Reporter) by default?

JIRA Cloud tester field.png

Kind Regards,
Karthika

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

As I mentioned above I would recommend either adding a post function to copy a field value on the create transition or if that is not suitable use automation. Are you comfortable with either of those methods?

• post function - edit the workflow under project settings and click on the create transition then click on post function. Add a post function and choose copy field value. It should be straightforward from there. Be sure to publish your workflow.
  • automation - trigger on issue created, conditions as needed to ensure action only happens when desired, action edit issue and set tester to reporter

I am trying out option 1 (post function), but the 'Reporter' is not available as an option on the 'Source field', Is there a way I can add the 'Reporter field' as an option to the 'Source Field'? Please see the attached screenshot. Thanks

JIRA Cloud 1.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2021

Do you see “Creator”?

Yes, I used creator but that did not workJIRA cloud 2.png

Suggest an answer