Hi, I want to add two customfield values and have to display that in another customfield.

Nirmala December 6, 2019

HI,

I want to add two customfield values and have to display that in another customfield. for example, in our project we have 3 fields called TEST1, TEST2 and TEST3. Want to add Test1 and Test2 and that has to be displayed in Test3. These 3 fields are number fields. Can you please share any codes to perform this ?  And after that, the value of TEST3 , we have to show that in the dashboard. 

Thanks,

2 answers

1 vote
Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2019

Hi @Nirmala,

You can go with scriptrunner's behaviour  which will capture value from another field and set another field value in the same screen

def field1 = getFieldByName("Test1")
def field2 = getFieldByName("Test2")
def field3 = getFieldByName("Test3")

def value1 = field1.getFormValue() as Double
def value2 = field2.getFormValue() as Double
def value = value1 + value2

field3.setFormValue(value)
field3.setReadOnly(true)

I haven't tried this code, it may need some minor changes 

BR,

Leo

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Hello,

Something like this should work:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
//def issue = issueManager.getIssueObject("OT-3")
def userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
def authenticationContext = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext()
def user = authenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()

def test3CF = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10240") //change cf id
def test1CF = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10323") //change cf id
def test2CF = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10324") //change cf id

def test1value = test2CF.getValue(issue) == null ? 0 : test1CF.getValue(issue)
def test2value = test2CF.getValue(issue) == null ? 0 : test2CF.getValue(issue)

def test3value = (double)test1value + (double)test2value

issue.setCustomFieldValue(test3CF, test3value)
issueManager.updateIssue(user, issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, false)

return test3value
issue.store()

Regards,

Elifcan

Nirmala December 6, 2019

Hi,

Can you please suggest where to add these condition ,like in the workflow or is this something different? Because i'm new to this. 

Thanks,

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Hello,

You can add it to the postfunction of your workflow if it will be only updated via transition. Or you can add it as script listener that listens to issue updated event and updates whenever one of these two customfield changes.

Regards,

Elifcan

Nirmala December 6, 2019

Hi, 

But we are trying to populate this on the create screen itself. is that be possible to display the total value in the create screen itself with non editable one. because we have to display that in the dashboard. Can you please suggest any idea for this?

Thanks,

Nirmala December 30, 2019

Hi,

Is there any  comment for this?

Thanks,

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2019

Hello,

Sorry, I didn't see your comment. You can use @Leo 's solution or use a script field that comes from Script Runner plugin. Script field also shows the changes on the same screen as far as I know.

Regards,

Elifcan

Suggest an answer