Hi, I have a question about roles

Michelle Ann Barnett June 29, 2022

We're trying to make some new templates for our PMO team and the Site Admin is telling me we have Basic, Trusted and Site Admin roles available.  I don't want to assign someone as a site admin just to make some new templates, which role should we assign to add fields and save templates to our Jira instance?  

Thanks,

Michelle Barnett

mbarnett@hgsdigital.com

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Carr June 29, 2022

What you can do is leave the user on basic, great a new group add the user into the project. Then give that group admin access to project settings.

To create a group to go Groups within the administration

CleanShot 2022-06-29 at 16.14.53.png

Next select groups and click Create Group. Give it a name and add the desired user to the group.

Next go into a project and Project Settings then Permissions. 

On the top right click actions then edit permissions and update on the administrator projects option.

A popup will open select Group and select the group you created earlier. Once saved users of the group will have access to configure projects.

CleanShot 2022-06-29 at 16.19.35.png

Or actually, I've realised you can instead select Single User from the modal instead of using groups.

This should provide what you need.

Thanks, I appreciate you getting back to me with this.  I'll try it. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Michelle Ann Barnett , if you are using CMP projects then the user would need to be trusted. Please refer to the below articles to better understand permissions.

Team Managed Project Permissions 

Company Managed Project Permissions 

Thanks for helping with this.  I'll read the articles you referenced.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events