Hi, I am trying to create, design a simple RAID log on Jira, with a sinc to Confluence

Richard Healy August 8, 2018

Has anyone out there created a RAID log on Jira? 

If so, do you have any practical examples of your RAID log? Would there be an Instruction and/or 'Idiots' guide you wrote to inform people on how to create a RAID log on Jira and then to report off Jira or link it to Confluence??

2 answers

2 votes
Deleted user August 28, 2018

Hi Richard,

I've created something like it for my company: i've been able to track Risk, Issues, Dependencies (but for this i recommend the standard features like issue linking or the dependency report if you use Portfolio). We didn't find much usage for assumptions since it's usually a static-type of information, but you could have a new -> accepted kind of flow.

Technically I've defined new issuetypes, with all the configuration stack around them, to create a completely custom life cycle of information, with custom fields to identify programmes attribution, escalation paths, and of course report boards in confluence (made with the Jira macro + ad hoc filters).

My suggestion is to use this map https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-fields-and-screens-720412098.html as a reference to guide your decision as you define the items you need piece by piece. A testing environment is suggested too. :)

By using new issuetypes, you'll be able to add RAID logs to standard team projects or in dedicated standalone registers.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Rajat Sheel Jain March 19, 2023

Create "RAID Register" under the backlog (defined iteration path), then create Features as "Issues, Risks, Dependencies and Assumptions" referring Fiscal Year Cycle. Under these Features create respective User stories as per PI cycles duration.

hope this would help.

Suggest an answer