Hi Community,

Dipti Nair September 8, 2023

I have recently migrated a project from Jira Server to Jira Cloud. Now I would like to copy data from a migrated custom field (date field) to the Due Date in the same story of the migrated project.  

Once copied, I want to delete the old custom date field. 

I am unable to find the copy field value to another field function in the Jira cloud, hoping someone can guide me here.

2 answers

2 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2023

Hi @Dipti Nair 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On cloud, you can create an automation rule to copy value from one field to another. I have tried below Automation rule and it works perfectly.

For the automation rule creation -

• Go to Project Settings
  • Go to Automation
  • Create new rule
  • Refer below rule to configure -

Automation Rule -

2023-09-09 11_45_09-Automation.jpg

Run Rule manually from Issue via Actions -> Rule name (This can be automated as well based on your needs/ trigger that you set in your automation rule)

2023-09-09 11_44_05-[MOBL-38] Requirement Gathering.jpg

Audit Log -

audit-log.jpg

After rule execution -

after-rule-execution.jpg

Once done, you can then delete the source field that you want to delete. Let me know if this helps.

Dipti Nair September 9, 2023

Thanks a lot @Kishan Sharma this solution works well, however I have around 3000 issues to update. Can I run this rule to bulk update all issues?

Evgenii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2023

Hi, @Dipti Nair 

Yes, you can run it, to make bulk changes for 3000 issues. 

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
Dipti Nair September 10, 2023

Thanks @Evgenii I was able to bulk update the issues through a scheduled trigger however only 1000 at a time which was not too bad. 

Many thanks,

Dipti

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2023

Thank you for pitching in @Evgenii 

Hi @Dipti Nair Good to know that the solution worked. If my answer was helpful, could you please mark it as accepted, it will help other members having similar question.

commit
Banned
April 16, 2024

I

0 votes
Answer accepted
Evgenii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2023

Hi, @Dipti Nair 

Sure, here is example how to make it

Screenshot at Sep 11 08-29-12.png

1. Change trigger event to "Scheduled". Set there shedule like on my example (but you can change it), it's not important.
1.1. Check box "Run a JQL query". Set JQL filter, which selects required issues, that you want to change. Uncheck box "Only include issues that have changed"

2. Set addition filter, in order not to do duplicate work

3. Set action, like in @Kishan Sharma example, to set Start date from Due date.

4. Run rule

If you will see error, that rule was throttled, you can run it again, it can happen, with large number of issues.

After execution, when all issues will be changed, don't forget to turn off the rule!

Dipti Nair September 10, 2023

Thanks @Kishan Sharma and @Evgeniy. You saved me a lot of time. I completed the migration and project configuration on time, so the team could start using it without experiencing any downtime.

Like Evgenii likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events