Help with validating whether a Story has a Sub-Test Execution or not

Venkata Akepati February 9, 2021

Hi,

I am working on improving the QA process in our organization. I am looking for the suggestions or answers to fetch the following data in JIRA Project. 

1. As per the process, at the story level we are going to select the Label with the value 'Sub-Test Execution'. Whoever is going to test that story, they have to create a 'Sub-Test Execution' and perform testing. Here my question is - how to actually validate by writing a JQL whether there is a 'Sub-Test Execution' actually created for that story or not when label is 'Sub-Test Execution'?

2. At story level we are going to select the Label with the value 'Test Execution'. Whoever is going to test that Story, they need to create a Test Execution, add all the tests to that test execution and link test execution to the story with the relation 'is tested by'. Here my questions is, how to pull the data using JQL to validate actually a Test Execution is created and linked to the story with the relation 'is tested by' when the label is 'Test Execution'?

Can you please provide your inputs, these are helpful to pull some of the data for reporting.

1 answer

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Venkata Akepati ,

Welcome to Atlassian community, I like your suggestion and have done such implementation with one of my client previously. But the main challenge I faced is same as you described.

You will need a third party plugin , most famous are following

I can give you an example of JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports , as I have recently implemented this feature.

Find issues with 0 subtasks

subtasksCount < 1 

Find all issues which are blocked by another issue

linkType = "is blocked by"

Find issues which have links.

linksCount < 1

These are generic examples, You can create your own query by concatenating them together.

Here is the reference:

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/3375124/JQL+Reference+Cloud#JQLReference(Cloud)-SubtasksCount 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events