Help with multiple workflows for individual screen and field configurations

Andrea Beaven September 13, 2017

Hi after going round and round in circles with JIRA configuration can any please help with the set up of the following.

I have 1 project with 4 issue type Defect, Query, Issue and Code Review

For each Issue Type I would like a screen for each type which has its own field configurations.

I would then like to have 1 workflow for each issue type. Sounds simple but I cannot get it to work in JIRA.

I have created each issue type under the project and I have a screen created for each issue but when I tried to create 1 of the issue types it was asking for mandatory fields from another screen which didn't appear in this screen. When I set up the workflow and I went to look at the screens the wrong workflow was assigned to the screens.

I am finding all these schemes very confusing and frustrating. Does anyone have any very simple instructions on how to set up 1 project with multiple issue types that each have their own screens and workflow.

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017
  1. Screens
    1. Create Screen
    2. Assign to Screen Scheme
    3. Assign to Issue Type Screen Scheme
    4. Assign to Project
  2. Field Configurations
    1. Create Field Configuration
    2. Assign to Field Configuration Scheme
    3. Assign to Project
  3. Workflows
    1. Create Workflow