3      | Thing 2 | XYZ         |

How can I import it into RIADA to create objects that would look like:

Object 1:

Attribute Name: Thing 1

Attribute Contracts: ABC

Object 2:

Attribute Name: Thing 2

Attribute Contracts: ABC, XYZ

The Contracts attribute would be an object reference with an unlimited cardinality. I tried using the IQL for Object Mapping of "Contract Name" IN (${$CONTRACT{0}})  but no object gets mapped. I have done plenty of mapping before, just never where I'm trying to add multiple values from multiple SQL rows into a single attribute on an object.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2018

HI!

Without having the full picture, is Contract Name where the value ABC and XYZ is stored for the different objects? If the are used as the Label you could use Label = instead

Also in your case, I think the end result for Thing 2 is that just XYZ is imported. To import multiple objects they values has to be piped, like ABC||XYZ 

Do you have the objects for ABC and XYZ created in Insight?

I guess you've already looked at the documentation, but it's available at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-manager-s-guide/import-and-synchronization/general-import-concepts

Feel free to attach some screenshof of the two objects types, what object that exist there, and the attribute configuration for those object types, and also for the object type mappings in the import.

Cheers!
Alexander

Deleted user March 23, 2018

Hello,

Correct, "Contract Number" is the attribute in the object that I am trying to add to the newly imported object. I mis typed it as Contract Name originally. I did test with just a text field, trying to get the contract numbers to be populated, but as you assumed I only received the last contract number. When I try doing it with the objects I get nothing. One thought is that the object I am creating and the object I an trying to reference are in different schemas. I enables the cross schema reference and when creating one manually that works, but perhaps there is a bug with it working during an import.

I attached two images. One of the existing "Contract" objects and one of the SQL table I am trying to create new objects from. In the sql table one object should be created for each unique item in the column "ContractCategoryCode" with a attribute called Contracts being populated with a reference to each of the "Contract" objects you see in the table. 

chrome_2018-03-23_10-13-43.png

dbeaver_2018-03-23_10-14-51.png

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2018

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Yes the references aren't set, as it is not yet possible to import references from another schema, they can for the moment only be set manually. This will be possible, and we have an feature request for this at https://jira.riada.se/browse/ICS-739

Cheers!
Alexander

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2018

If you feel like this answered your question, please mark it as accepted :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events