Help with JQL syntax

Andrey Nikolaev April 27, 2023

How to find all issues created as P8 and whose priority changed within 24 hours of creation

1 answer

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

The problem is that there is a CHANGED operator and there is even "CHANGED AFTER" but it expects a constant date or a JQL function as argument. It does not accept the "created" field. Therefore, I am afraid, it can't be solved in JQL.

You should implement the filter in other ways.

Andrey Nikolaev April 28, 2023

Ok thanks

Can we at least select all the bugs that were created in P8 priority?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

There is the WAS operator, so you can know that the issue priority was "P8" some time. But, you cannot know if the initial value was "P8", I think.

(There is a WAS "P8" ON a given date, but you cannot use the "created" field as a given date, only a date literal, I think.)

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

If you are open to using an app, then our Better Excel Exporter app can export the full change history to a spreadsheet like this:

jira-issues-selected-fields-with-repeating-change-history.png

Then, you can use the Excel features to analyze the data.

For example, you original request could be solved like this:

1. Export nothing else, but the issue key, summary, creation date with the "repeating change history" template
  2. Then add a new column in the right, with a formula which evaluates to TRUE if:
    1. the changed field is "priority" 
    2. AND the old value is "P8"
    3. AND the diff between the creation date and the change date is less than 24 hours
  3. Then filter the spreadsheet to those rows where this column contains TRUE.

It sounds quite straight-forward to me.

Suggest an answer