Help with FixVersion field

Kamen Kanev January 23, 2013

We are OnDemand client. We want to limit the selection for FixVersion field to one option only, however, we didnt found an option for this. We decided to hide the FixVersion field and to create a custom field called Fixed Version, which is using the versions entries, but allows a single selection.

Once we did this - our BurnDown charts stopped working and based on the information i have found, they incrementally rely on this FixVersion field.

How can we fix this situation?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2013

Hi Kamen,

I think you can't because Versions (= FixVersions) can have a hierarchy with the GreenHopper Plugin. For example Version a can have children, such as a-sprint-1, a-sprint-2, a-sprint-3, ...

If an issue is part of a child version, the fixed version field shows the child version and the parent version also.

I don't know, if you can change the base of the burndown charts, but I don't think so.

Hope, this makes things a little bit clearer, although it's no solution for your problem...

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013
Kamen Kanev January 24, 2013

yes, i have found those options, but not applicable for onDemand. :)

another question - i guess we will have to go back and live with the multiple selection of the original fixVersion field, in order to have all statistics displayed properly. since we have already filled out a lot of issues with our custom version field, is it possible to merge the date from the two fields and to start working afterwords only with the original fixVersion one?

thanks in advance,

Kamen

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2013

Yes, that is possible. Download the CLI and use copy field option (I believe it is possible)

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/JIRA+Command+Line+Interface

Kamen Kanev January 27, 2013

any clues how i have to do it? i guess i should use copyFieldValue syntaxis, but what should be the command to update all issues in all projects? :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

It can be ask small as a simple shell script like:

cli with options to save issues to a file a.txt from a project using the jql
for i in `a.txt`
do
cli again using copyField with $i as the issue id
done

And you have to the manuals, Bob has put in efforts to make it with examples ;)

Suggest an answer