Help Desk Admin cannot edit screens, fields, request types, space name, etc.

Barbara L'Homme
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 17, 2018

Hello:  We are in the beginning stages of configuring our help desk project.  I have been made an Admin of Jira Service Desk and the help desk project, but I am not able to edit the help desk project's screens, fields, workflows, etc.  Management does not want me to be an overall Jira Admin.  (I should clarify that the Jira Software module is already implemented and in use.  I am a user of the Jira Software projects, but not an Admin of them.)  Is there a way so that I can edit all parts of the service desk and its projects without having to be a top-level Jira admin?  I'm being told by our admin that this is not possible, but I can't imagine that to be true.

Any guidance is appreciated! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

No, you need to be an administrator to set up the project.  An Agent can only configure the portal, queues, and rest of the Service Desk stuff.

Barbara L'Homme
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 17, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thank you for your fast reply.  However, I am an Admin of the Service Desk and of the Project within the Service Desk.  I can fully configure the portal and queues.  However, I cannot edit screens, fields, or request types that are accessed from WITHIN the project.2018-10-17_18-39-28.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

But you're not a Jira administrator, as I said you need to be.

Suggest an answer