Hello, I would really appreciate if you can let me know how to create test plan folder in Jira plz?

Savitri Balaganvi October 7, 2019

Hello,

As of now if I open any Project I can only see Roadmap, Backlog, Sprints, Reports, Estimation and pages under Features tab.

I am unable to find out the test plan, test summary, test cycles tabs and also there is no "Test" issue type.

Could you please help me to create one test plan?

Kindly email me on Savitri@syftapp.com

Thanks.

Savitri Balaganvi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

Hi @Savitri Balaganvi

Please note that Jira does not have issue type of "Test" by default. It is either created manually or by some external addons like Zephyr/ test rail/ xray, etc.

The features like "test plan, test summary, test cycles" are also available when you are using some external addons like the above mentioned ones.

Most likely you would have used the addon "Zephyr" earlier.

Savitri Balaganvi October 7, 2019

Much appreciated your response Deepanshu. 

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Thanks @Savitri Balaganvi

If your question has been answered correctly, can you please accept the answer?

This will help users in future :-)

Savitri Balaganvi October 8, 2019

Done Deepanshu:) Cheers!

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this

Hey Deepanshu,

I have installed Zephyr and created test plan but struggling to "Add Tests" when I click on "Add Tests" and it ask to enter Issue for field called "test" but I am unable to find any issues? what does this means? in my previous project I used to click on "Add" button and it used to allow me to add test cases one by one?

Please find attached screen shot where I am stScreenshot 2019-10-08 at 13.25.02.pnguck.

Your response would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello Deepanshu,

I am facing another problem too.

I have installed "ZFI-Importer-Utility-0.40.jar" and when I tried to connect to Jira I am getting "401" error message which is Authentication error message. I just wonder what is wrong? I am using correct user name and password and also correct Jira URL?

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 14.10.29.png

@Deepanshu Natani  - I managed to resolve this one. But unable to add Individual test cases. still facing issue with mandatory field.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2019

Hi @Savitri Balaganvi

By default, Zephyr for JIRA adds the issue type "Test" on every new Software or Business project that is created.

For existing projects, you need to add it manually from the Project's administration page, Issue types section.

You have probably not configured your project to use the issue type "Test" created by Zephyr. Please check the issue type configuration for your project in Jira.

Savitri Balaganvi October 9, 2019

Hello Deepanshu,

I did created for one of the project and for the same project I am trying to add Test case but still I can't find the "test" issue type. Bit strange.

Anyways let me add for all projects and will try again and keep you posted.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer