Have a custom field appear as a filter option on the issues screen

Mike Mike
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2013
I added a custom field. I need to filter on it but it is not available in the list of fields in the issue screen

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

I guess you need to switch to advanced search

0 votes
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2013

Hi Mike,

There are a few reasons why custom fields don't show up, firstly, check if you've re-indexed after creating the new custom field. JIRA requires reindexing so it can be able to search through the fields.

Second, make sure the custom field has a Search template selected.

And thirdly, if the Customfield is only applicable for a certain project or certain bugs, be sure you've selected to only limit the search to those!

We have a full KB on this page.

Cheers,

Ivan.

0 votes
Zul NS [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2013

Several suspicion.

• Could you check if the custom field has a proper search template? You can refer here.
  • Have you run indexing after adding custom field?
  • Are you adding custom field with a context for particular project? Might encounter similar like here.

Suggest an answer