Has my Bitbucket to Jira migration failed?

Adam Johnson December 7, 2021

I'm migrating/exporting issues from Bitbucket to Jira Software for a single Bitbucket project, and it seems to have stalled.

The project I'm migrating has 57 issues.  Should that take minutes or hours?  If I try again, it says, "We can’t migrate your issues right now because there is already a migration in progress," so I know it hasn't explicitly failed.

We have two Bitbucket workspaces, and a single Jira workspace.  One of the workspaces is already integrated with Jira Software.  The project I'm trying to import is from the other workspace.  Does that affect anything?

I've attached the status screen I see below.

Thanks,

Adam J.

Jira - Migrating Issues.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Adam Johnson ,

Daniel from Atlassian Support here. Earlier today we experienced an incident across multiple Atlassian Cloud systems operating out of the AWS us-east-1 region. This affected multiple cloud-based service providers across the tech industry, so I mention this for your awareness in case you use other services that were not responding normally during this timeframe.

Atlassian's monitoring of this incident shows it is currently in recovery, and we expect services to begin acting normally again. 

I would expect that this may have had an impact on the export related jobs for your migration. My suggestion right now would be to try again now that the outage has cleared up. Please let me know if the job is still stuck so we can open a support case on your behalf.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Adam Johnson December 7, 2021

Thanks @Daniel Eads for your prompt reply!

I just tried to migrate again, and am still getting a notice that there's a job in progress.  Could you open a support case?

I did take the step to integrate the Bitbucket workspace to our Jira Software, and that completed with no errors.

Thanks,

Adam J.

Adam Johnson December 8, 2021

Today, the migration still appears to be hanging.  Should I contact support directly?

Bitbucket Migration .png

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Adam Johnson ,

I just went to open a support case for you and see you've already done it! 🙂 Our Cloud support team will follow-up with you on the case.

Cheers,
Daniel

Adam Johnson December 9, 2021

Thanks! Our engineer was able to finish the migration by writing a Python script. Your prompt action was appreciated too.

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer