Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Has backlog search become case sensitive?

Yesterday I noticed that when searching the backlog of a Jira board, the search is case sensitive. This means I have to do (at least) two searches to find all issues that contain a specific word in the issue summary (e.g. notification and Notification will return two different sets of issues).

I'm almost certain this wasn't the case before, but this is now really hindering my workflow.

Any thoughts?

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Peter Hesseling ,

I can confirm that this happens also on my side. There's no open bugs on the Atlassian backlog so my suggestion is to raise a ticket here https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

It looks like they fixed this issue!

Why would Atlassian make a Search case sensitive? This is a huge hinderance. If this is the case and it is not on the roadmap to be corrected very soon, they should at least put an note in the search similar to "Backlog search is Case Sensitive"

Thank you for your swift answer @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_! I have raised a ticket here https://support.atlassian.com/requests/JST-761665/ 

You're welcome @Peter Hesseling . Many other users are experiencing the same issue.

I cannot see the ticket. This is a problem for me too. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you