Has backlog search become case sensitive?

Peter Hesseling May 13, 2022

Yesterday I noticed that when searching the backlog of a Jira board, the search is case sensitive. This means I have to do (at least) two searches to find all issues that contain a specific word in the issue summary (e.g. notification and Notification will return two different sets of issues).

I'm almost certain this wasn't the case before, but this is now really hindering my workflow.

Any thoughts?

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2022

Hi @Peter Hesseling ,

I can confirm that this happens also on my side. There's no open bugs on the Atlassian backlog so my suggestion is to raise a ticket here https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Elli May 18, 2022

It looks like they fixed this issue!

0 votes
Apryl Harris May 13, 2022

Why would Atlassian make a Search case sensitive? This is a huge hinderance. If this is the case and it is not on the roadmap to be corrected very soon, they should at least put an note in the search similar to "Backlog search is Case Sensitive"

0 votes
Peter Hesseling May 13, 2022

Thank you for your swift answer @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_! I have raised a ticket here https://support.atlassian.com/requests/JST-761665/ 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2022

You're welcome @Peter Hesseling . Many other users are experiencing the same issue.

Octavian Nasui May 13, 2022

I cannot see the ticket. This is a problem for me too. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events