Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Has anyone tried to create a Proposals management tool with JIRA?

I might be going on a limb here but I thought I would share/ask.

My Team would like to use a Proposals management tool. Currently, they're using SharePoint with Lists, Libraries, and some Power Automate (Flows) as the middle tier but it is a mediocre architecture.

This was ok for now but has become terrible for scalability and we refuse to maintain Flows working as they're not reliable.

My thoughts... Can I create a JIRA project that fits my needs?

Reasons why a Service Management and not other types

1. Create SLAs to track time during stages and automation for breached SLAs
  2. Create reports from the "reports" page that will tell us the time spent on a proposal
  3. Create an automation based on breached SLAs

Long story short, I believe the Jira Service Management type of Project will do the trick. First I'd have to do some cleaning up but it would go something like this...

1. Clear out any Out of the Box workflows, screens, or anything not needed
  2. Create Issue types: Proposal, and leave existing Tasks, Sub-Tasks type
  3. Create a Request type: Create a Proposal (only one needed at this time)
  4. Portal is irrelevant
  5. Create a Workflow that fits the proposal lifecycle
  6. etc

Has anyone tried to customize an ISM project to be intended for a different use? I'd really love to see a "Proposals Management" template in the marketplace even if it is not of an ISM type. 

Your two cents:

Do you have a better approach for accomplishing this? We're open to different project types.

As long as we maintain the ability to create SLAs, we're happy to try it.

Bonus: Currently, Forms can only auto-create issues if configured from the "Settings" page of the form. However, I cannot seem to do this from other Project types, only Service Management seems to allow the auto-creation of issues. If this is possible and I just don't know, please point me in the right direction!

Thank you so much for your support of the community!

Tony

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader May 09, 2022

Hi @Tony Hernandez welcome to the Atlassian community.

I'm interested in your use case and in watch list to hear other leader's thoughts and points.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you