Has Service Desk changed the Status in the workflow settings?

Paul Weber November 14, 2019

Up to July 2019 replies to and from the customer would change the workflow status to "Waiting For Customer" and "Waiting For Support".

All of a sudden the status appears to be stuck on "In Progress" and there is no visual clue with regards e.g to customer replies.

Has something been deactivated due to new releases? If so, where can it be reset to the previous state?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hello Paul,

Thank you for reaching out.

I clearly understand that your JIRA SD workflow is displaying different statuses than it used to display in the past. Please, allow me to bring you some concepts so we can confirm we are on the same page:

JIRA Service Desk has several workflow templates, depending on the type of project template you choose when creating the project and what issue type you are currently using.

There are some workflows used to support external customers (Like IT Service Desk) which are usually configured with the status "Waiting For Customer" and "Waiting For Support", however, there are other workflows used to handle business requests and internal support requests (Like internal Service Desk), where the status "open" and "In progress" are used.

That being said, Independently of the templates you are currently using:

1 - No changes are performed to your current workflows when updating JIRA (Server or Cloud) and nothing was deactivated in JIRA background that would change your workflow status.

2 - Workflows can be manually changed as your team needs, with no restrictions in removing or adding status.

That being said, if all of a sudden a specific issue workflow is not corresponding to what you are expecting, I believe a change was applied by someone in the workflow and I would suggest you check and update the workflow to meet your requirements or ask the responsible team lead to perform the changes in case you are not allowed to do it.

You can check the documentation below to get more context about the structure of workflows:

Workflows - JIRA Service desk 

Let me know if this information helps.

Paul Weber November 17, 2019

Thank you for your kind answer. We'll review the indicated documentation and, if necessary, revert back to you.

Best

Paul

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

You are welcome, Paul.

Let us know if my suggestion helped you so other users looking for the same thing can give it a chance. :)

Suggest an answer