Hardware Requirements for JIRA on Server

David Patiño February 4, 2020

Hello,

We're starting a new project completelly developed into client infrastructure. And we have to use a new tower server (we've to buy a new one) to deploy the needed Atlassian tools ( Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, Confluence, ...) to manage the project. This project will be for a team of 10 developers. Which are the hardware requirements to deploy each Atlassian applications in VMs?

Atlassian Server Platforms needed: Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, Confluence

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Patiño February 5, 2020

Hello @edwin vasquez & @Adrian Stephen,

Thanks for your answer, I'd already reviewed those links but, for me, there isn't a clear information to understand de VM requirements needed to deploy Jira applications. I've prepared the next table but not really sure about it, taking into account my proyect is small an the Dev Team also. Any idea?

Application            CPU     RAM

Confluence             1            6

Jira Software           2            8

Jira Service Desk     --           --

Bitbucket                2            4

Is that correct? Any help for the unknown info?

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

What Operating system are you planning to use?

Initially Ubuntu but could be Red Hat.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

I usually like to do, at a minimum, 2CPU 8GB of RAM. It saves me the headache of having to add more later. In my cases, it always starts small but then continues to grow. 😁

Are you talking about the requirements for each application, isn`it? I mean 2CPU 8GB of RAM for Jira Service Desk VM, another for 2CPU 8GB of RAM for Confluence VM, and so on?

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020
0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2020

Hello @David Patiño 

Please see the links below for that information. 

Bitbucket

Jira 

Jira Service Desk

Confluence

Does this answer your question?

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2020

Suggest an answer