HOw to import Epics and related tasks, stories using CSV to JIRA. Gives me warning mapping ignored

PRIYANKA BHAGWAT April 26, 2021

I am importing Epics and Stories, Tasks using CSV but mappings are ignored. 

2 answers

0 votes
Shalini Vashishtha February 20, 2024

please use deep clone plugin from atlassian marketplace much easier than whatever is shared here

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

Deep clone would cost money if you have to use it more than once.  You could use it during the trial period without paying for it to accomplish this but if you wanted to use it in the future you would need to purchase the app. 

Like Shalini Vashishtha likes this
Shalini Vashishtha February 20, 2024

Thats Correct Brant, but I tried using the csv menthod shared here, i had 9 epics and 72 user stories related to it that I had to export to a new project .I made the csv as mentioned, but i was not sure how to update epic link.The below is just not clearly mentioned !

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

@PRIYANKA BHAGWAT Welcome to community.  You just need to make sure that you have the structure of the CSV setup correctly.  For epic links it looks like this:

Issue Type,Epic Name,Summary        ,Epic Link
Epic      ,  my-epic,Build a car    ,
Story     ,         ,Build an engine,  my-epic
Story     ,         ,Buy some tires ,  my-epic

To link the Tasks to the Stories you would use an issue link and your CSV would look like this

Issue Type,Epic Name,Summary        ,Epic Link, Issue Id, Link One
Epic      ,  my-epic,Build a car    ,         ,        1,
Story     ,         ,Build an engine,  my-epic,        2,
Story     ,         ,Buy some tires ,  my-epic,        3,
Task , ,Link a Task , , 4, 3
Roger Campbell II September 13, 2022

Hey @Brant Schroeder

When you are using this approach, which `JIRA Field` do you associate `Epic Link`, `Issue ID`, and `Link One` too when you get to the `Map Fields` portion of the import process? 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 4.25.26 PM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

@Roger Campbell II 

Epic Link will map to Epic Link

Epic Name to Epic Name

Then under links and sub-tasks it should be Issue Id

Melanie Ngo August 23, 2023

Hi @Brant Schroeder I'm attempting to do this, but I am unable to find these fields. Are you able to help with this? Epic Link also does not exist. For reference, I'm uploading these into a kanban software project. Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 4.47.42 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events