Guys which checklist is better: smart checklist or checklist for Jira?

Margarita Artemyan February 19, 2019

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2019

Hello @Margarita Artemyan,

I can also propose Issue Checklist, developed by my team, that comes with unique features not available in other apps, e.g. default checklist defined per issue type (so Bugs and Stories can get different checklist automatically upon creation). 

It also comes with a real user mention (through the user picker), due dates (with a  calendar picker), quick copy-paste functionality, and many other useful and polished features.

It also offers the most friendly UI IMO and quick start - all its features are available straight away without complicated setup and additional custom fields configuration.

If you share more details about your needs, then I can give a more precise answer if Issue Checklist will satisfy your requirements. 

Cheers,
Jack

Margarita Artemyan February 20, 2019

Well, actually the purpose is to "remind" developers to follow the technical definition of done for the user stories. 
We wanted to have predefined checklist options for stories and tasks that should be followed by all developers before giving the the task to code review and closing the story itself. 

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2019

Hi,

When comes to the definition of done presented in form of the checklist then all mentioned apps can do it. 

However, if you want to apply checklist/template only to Stories (but not Bugs for example) or have Tasks and Stories received a checklist different from each other then only Issue Checklist can do it. And it does it in a very simple way:

3 select issue types.png

More, if you want to block resolving an issue or moving to "Review" status, then Issue Checklist offers the simplest way of doing it with its own validator:

checklist-validator.png

Let me know if you have any questions or doubts. You can also reach the team directly at support(at)gebsun-support.com.

Thanks,
Jack

Margarita Artemyan February 20, 2019

well, i think we need to  be able to set default checklist only stories, but not bugs and moreover we will need to set the settings the way it block someone to move the story to "done" column until all checkmarks are are chosen. 

So we might user the free trial to see how it suits our team needs. 

Thanks.

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
February 20, 2019

So, it sounds like you need exactly the two features that I described and pictured in the previous comment:

Let us know in case of any questions or requirements. We are happy to help. 

If privacy is required, then please contact us directly through:

Cheers,
Jack

Like Margarita Artemyan likes this
Margarita Artemyan February 24, 2019

hi @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ 
I have installed free trial version in our project but can not create a default checklist. 

Would be glad if you help me to figure out. 

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
February 25, 2019

Hi @Margarita Artemyan 

I have recorded a short video presenting how to create a default checklist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tsy5gq9sc58lo7/ScreenFlow-small-lowquality.mp4?dl=0

It is 7.3MB large.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
Jack

Margarita Artemyan February 25, 2019

@Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ I am getting this view when I click on Manage template... and I have site admin permission in Jira, maybe i have to get another permission? Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 12.35.38 PM.png

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
February 25, 2019

@Margarita Artemyan, please try to create the template first, according to this documentation: https://gebsun-support.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/768049153/Creating+a+template

When the template is there, then please follow the instruction from the video I shared in my previous comment. 

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
Jack

@Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ 
well we have the backlog ready to start the sprint today in hours and i have created a template under one of the stories and managed by default attaching to story type of "task" but i did not apply to other already created stories, what is the issue in this case?? 

I guess it starts automatically attaching after you set the default checklist and it ignores the ones already created in backlog, right?

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
February 25, 2019

It does copy/apply the default checklist to newly created issues only

Changing or defining a default checklist does not affect existing issues. 

If you want to add the checklist to existing issues, then, please follow the below guide: https://gebsun-support.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/811630597/Add+checklist+to+many+issues+in+bulk

It is quite cumbersome at the moment, but we are going to improve it in one of the coming versions.

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2019

Hi @Margarita Artemyan

From the number of instances installed by the customer, there are more people using Checklist for Jira, but I think the best for your needs is the best. You can install the two plugins separately to find out who is better for you.

Suggest an answer