Grouping / identing issues

Charles Delaporte April 15, 2021

Hi,

My team is developing reports and we would like to have a dashboard displaying all the reports + list of improvements made on each report.

Nice to have :

* improvements are displayed under each report, with an indentation, or in separate lanes

* ability to filter by client (add on eg Rich Filters?)

Is it possible to achieve this outcome by using Epics ? Sub-tasks ?

Your advices will be most appreciated!

image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charles Delaporte June 22, 2021

Thanks everyone for your help.

I have used the app STRUCTURE FOR JIRA from ALM and it works great! 

It meets all my requirements and I recommend it ! 

Cheers,

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

That's great to hear, @Charles Delaporte. Thanks for sharing the news/solution with others. 

-dave 

Charles Delaporte June 23, 2021

@Dave Rosenlund a big thanks to your support team too, they are clear and helpful - really appreciate!

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
2 votes
Iñigo Gonzalez
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2021

Hello @Charles Delaporte ,

We provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira. This app allows you to easily create dashboards with pre-defined templates, integrations with other Jira instances, Confluence, Bitbucket, Opsgenie, Insight, Statuspage, +60 gadgets and custom charts. 

We have a gadget called JQL Search, where based on JQL or filter you can retrieve issues and show them in different ways. For example in this example I configured it with some of the fields you mentioned, and as I do not have improvements field I used Sprints, which is an array too. Then I choose grouping issues.

As result you see a table with the issues that fulfil the JQL with the fields I asked for

JQL search-config.png

And as sprints is a list, in the table you can see every issue with all the sprints it belongs to, like the issue I have highlighted here:

JQL-search-array.png

If you need some more info just ask me.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Charles Delaporte,

There are many ways you could set this up, but just looking at the way you describe your goal and from the table you added, you might start by creating an Epic for each report (Report 1, Report 2, Report 3). Then for each improvement create an issue in that Epic - make sure to set up a custom field to select your client.

For an overview of all this, the built-in roadmap feature will take care of most of the work for you. 

Suggest an answer