Group by status in Advanced Roadmaps

Alexandra Wayne Harper February 14, 2024

I would like to know if it is possible to group by status

2 answers

2 votes
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2024

Hi @Alexandra Wayne Harper 

thanks for your question. This is not possible. 
Only the following options are available:

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 23.20.23.png

The only option would be to use one of these fields (label for example) and dynamically populate those with the issue status, but this is nothing I would recommend.

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

hope you are doing fine. has your question been answered? If so, please make sure to accept an answer to mark the question as resolved.
If you still need help, please feel free to get back with an update.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2024

I don't know if this shortcoming justifies additional tooling for you, but if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll find options there.

E.g., my team and I work on an app that includes many features of Advanced Roadmaps, and allows grouping by any field, including the status: JXL for Jira. This is how it looks in action:

group-by-status.gif

For context, JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a range of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting. This being said, there are some features in AR that don't exist in JXL (yet) - so whether JXL can be an alternative really depends on your exact use case and requirements.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer