Groovy "Script Post Function" not executing

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2012

I'm attempting to run the attached js script as a post function between two workflow steps. Upon execution, the post function seemingly does not execute and the system behaves exactly as it did before I added this new post function. I'm unsure where the error log might exist for JIRA so instead I'll step you through some of my troubleshooting techniques to date:

• Gave the post function a bogus file path. It didn't so much as error out saying no such file.
  • Ran the script on the "script fields" tab for groovy. I provided the script in the "script file path" to verify that the script was being found on the server. The script worked like a charm.
  • Ran the script on script runner but it threw an error which I've attached.

(lockedestimate.js.txt) (stacktrace.txt)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

That's not javascript (js), that's groovy, as such it needs to have the extension .groovy.

The exception shows you that the wrong interpreter is being invoked:

sun.org.mozilla.javascript.internal.EvaluatorException

If you have applied the updated workflow with the script post-function, there will be an exception in the logs.

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2012

worked like a charm. it's always the simple things that end up consuming far too much time. ;)

firdaus December 9, 2016

i am facing same prob. Script is not getting executed. And i am not sure where to put the script so that JIRA locates the path.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2016

I think this is a different problem, please ask a new question.

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2012

Consider it confirmed. I decided it use an absolute path since $CATALINA_BASE looked not to be set. That path is D:\JIRA\work\Catalina\lockedestimate.js where D:\JIRA is the path for our JIRA install.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2012

Tanner,

Could you confirm that you have checked the notes from Jamie here?

Suggest an answer