Groovy post function to add watchers if attachment is added on issue creation

Rahul Savaikar April 14, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to add a Groovy post function to the Create transition to add specific watchers if the attachment is added on the issue creation.

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] - Can you please help?

Thank you!

Regards,

Rahul

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2015

I think you will need to grab the servlet request - ActionContext.getRequest(). You can't use attachmentManager as it won't give you the attachments until after the issue is created. But try putting it as the last post-function, and see.

Rahul Savaikar April 15, 2015

Perhaps you can give me some inputs on how to use it as I am pretty new to the Groovy scripting.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2015

Have you looked at previous questions and the examples on the wiki? What have you put together so far?

Rahul Savaikar April 15, 2015

Hello Jamie, I looked up the wiki but could not find much help. I could process this successfully to add the watchers though:

package com.onresolve.jira.groovy.canned.workflow.postfunctions import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager def componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance() def watcherManager = componentManager.getWatcherManager() def userManager = componentManager.getUserUtil() def watchUsers = {usernames -> usernames.each { def user = userManager.getUser(it) watcherManager.startWatching(user, issue.getGenericValue()) } } def users = ["gen_ tt_CCBIFC_members", "gen_ tt_CCBIFC_observers"] watchUsers(users)

Suggest an answer