Grooming and Sprint flow

Anuradha Yadav March 12, 2021

Hi Team,

We have a client request as below:

is it possible in Jira cloud to achieve?

I would like to have 2 separate boards : 1 for PB grooming and other for Sprints. The user stories created in board 1 ( PB grooming) should be made available in board 2 without making any manual entry.

Regards,

Anu

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2021

Hi @Anuradha Yadav 

In addition to the suggestions from @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH  regarding board filters...

When you note the board for "PB Grooming" (refinement), what steps are involved in your refinement?

• You may want to create and map any status values to columns for that board for refinement
  • And take note: if you move those items the right-most column on the refinement board, they would be marked as "done" and need to be re-opened for addition to the sprint on the other board.

Best regards,

Bill

1 vote
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2021

Hi @Anuradha Yadav ,

Boards are nothing but views as you know.

If a story need to displayed in boards it must belongs to JQL Board filter.

My Suggestion :

Board 1 Filter - For Product Backlog Grooming 

Project = ABC 

Board 2 Filter -> For displaying Only sprint related items.

Project = ABC and Sprint is not EMPTY

Please try this with Test Project. Let me know. is this same what you looking for ?

Thanks,

Anvesh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events