Global Mail Settings location in the database

Ward Minnis January 23, 2020

Hi Community, 

I've been working on fully automating deployment of our test instance from backups of production and one of the crucial steps is turning off the email puller and the email processor.

I currently am doing this as an api call after the instance goes up but would really prefer to turn it off through the db. As I'm making a number of changes in the db to turn a production clone into a test environment already this would make life easier. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Api routes

• /rest/jira-email-processor-plugin/1.0/mail/global/puller/off
  • /rest/jira-email-processor-plugin/1.0/mail/global/processor/off

Location in UI: /secure/admin/GlobalMailSettings.jspa

Screenshot 2020-01-23 12.19.59.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Actually, no, you should minimise database change as much as possible.

You can kill off most email access by amending the setenv.sh file in the bin directory of the test install.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/restoring-data-861253828.html#RestoringData-1.Disablingemailsending/receiving

Ward Minnis January 24, 2020

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for this, but as mentioned I am already doing a bunch of db changes in my script - changing the base URL, site name etc - and would prefer to make one more update than do something else. I'm sure its changing a one to a zero somewhere in there. 

I'm already doing it through the api but would prefer to turn the pullers and processors off before jira boots up.

Suggest an answer