Getting java.sql.SQLException: Login timeout

bjartenilsen January 6, 2014

Installed this Subversion ALM plugin yesterday on a repo with 300K+ revisions.

Today when i access the config page, it fails with:

/secure/ViewSubversionRepositories.jspa [com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager] MethodInvocationException occurred getting message body from Velocity: java.sql.SQLException: Login timeout
java.sql.SQLException: Login timeout
at org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcConnectionPool.getConnection(JdbcConnectionPool.java:208)
at com.kintosoft.svnwebclient.db.PluginConnectionPool.getConnection(PluginConnectionPool.java:191)
at com.kintosoft.svnwebclient.db.PluginConnectionPool.getConnection(PluginConnectionPool.java:202)

Any advice?

/Bjarte

2 answers

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2014

Heya Guillermo,

Would you be able to provide us some details on the stack trace given, if is not the same for the SQL long queries again? Otherwise, can you confirm if the transaction level is set to transaction-isolation = READ-COMMITTED? We can get more information throhgh this KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+MySQL+Usage+Fails+With+Error+-+java.sql.BatchUpdateException+Lock+wait+timeout+exceeded

Hope it helps ya!

Cheers,

Giu

Guillermo López August 15, 2014

The stack is a bit long to paste it here. Is there anyway I can send it to you? I'll do it next Monday.

Thanks for your help!!!

Guillermo López August 17, 2014

I'd say this is not related to Jira database but to subversion alm h2 database. Look at the "h2" package within the exception:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Login timeout at org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcConnectionPool.getConnection(JdbcConnectionPool.java:208)
at com.kintosoft.svnwebclient.db.PluginConnectionPool.getConnection(PluginConnectionPool.java:163)
at com.kintosoft.svnwebclient.db.PluginConnectionPool.getConnection(PluginConnectionPool.java:174) at com.kintosoft.svnwebclient.db.PluginConnectionPool.getProperty(PluginConnectionPool.java:381)
at com.kintosoft.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.action.ViewSubversionRepositoriesAction.getAgree(ViewSubversionRepositoriesAction.java:107)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor667.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.PropertyExecutor.execute(PropertyExecutor.java:142)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelGetterImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:525)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:198) ... 189 more

I've restarted Jira today and I have not gotten the error so far however the repository keeps stating "Index progress: 8536 / 8728" and it seems it does not goes forward after I've ran manually the index process :-(.

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

It seems that there is not any free database connection in order to access to the add-on cache.

Plase, try by disabling and enabling the add-on again: this should reset the databse connection pool.

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

The connection pool created by the add-on in order to access to the internal H2 database is not the same than the connection pool created by JIRA to access to the JIRA database (Oracle, Postgree, SQL Server,..). There is not any relationship among those connection pools.

Guillermo López August 15, 2014

I m getting this error repetedly and cannot get it to work. It worked at the beginning but it stoped to work. I did try to disable and enable back the plugin, restart de server and I end up getting the same issue after some time.

At this time within the plugin's configuration page, I can only see a "beautifull" and long stack trace so my only option right now is to restart the whole server but since I have don this earlier I know that reindexing will keep working forever and finally an error similiar to this one will be raised.

I'm currently working with Jira v6.

Help will be appreciated!

Suggest an answer