Getting error OAuth 2.0 not allowed for this method

Administrator Admin April 15, 2020

Hello team,

I am using OAuth 2.0 for authentication and using that i am calling all rest APIs.

Till now it works fine but whenever i am trying to fetch Choice field options using rest than getting error.

Below is the rest i am trying to call.
https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/" + jiraCloudId + "/rest/api/3/customField/10005/option

jissue.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Beata Szturemska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2020

Hi!
I'd like to let you know that I have enabled `customField/{fieldId}/option` endpoints for OAuth and now you can use it in 3LO apps.

Do not hesitate to reach us when you are facing any other issues.
Enjoy!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2020

Hello @Administrator Admin ,

I believe this is the same issue that is being currently discussed in the below thread:

In short:

By reviewing the documentation, it definitely looks like: 

I am waiting for DEV to confirm this is the case and/or provide more details on plans to have this implemented.

Please review above thread and follow it for updates.

Cheers,
Dario

Administrator Admin April 16, 2020

Hello Dario,

Thanks for your quick response.

But using basic authorization also we are not able to access this API.

We are trying to access this API from SharePoint Site and it is showing CORS Policy issue.

err1.png

Dario B
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2020

Hello @Administrator Admin,

As mentioned in the below thread in the Developers Community, CORS are only supported for 3LO apps: 

As suggested in above post, in order to workaround this, you may want to use something like CORS Anywhere:

CORS Anywhere is a NodeJS proxy which adds CORS headers to the proxied request.

For the rest, going back to the original topic, I have created the below feature request to have the endpoints to manage custom fields options enabled for 3LO apps:

You may want to vote and watch the above feature request so that you will get notified in case of any update. The  feature will be addressed according to the Implementation of New Features Policy.

Finally, for the future, please notice that this is not the best place to get help on development  related questions. The best resources are the ones listed in https://developer.atlassian.com/resources. 

Specifically:

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer