Getting error More than one link type with description: is blocked by, this is not currently support

Nestaa October 16, 2018

HI,

I have a saved filter as below:

project = Archer AND "Project Team" = "The Magpies" AND type in (Epic, Story, "User Story", Sub-task) AND status not in (closed) AND (issueFunction in hasLinks("depends upon") OR issueFunction in hasLinks("is blocked by")) ORDER BY status ASC

But noticed that currently it is throwing below exception:

I would like to know how i could use this to get the results.

2 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2018

It means that your Jira installation has more than one 'is blocked by' link types.  You can see all the link types in your system if you are a Jira administrator.  See also the Configure issue linking.

Your JQL query is using the hasLinks() function which is provided by the Scriptrunner plugin.  It appears that this plugin can't accurately return results when your environment has two or more link types with the same description.  Perhaps you can edit one of these descriptions to be different in order to get past this problem.

0 votes
Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hi,

If you search for link direction names using hasLinks and there is more than one link type with the same direction name ScriptRunner can’t tell which one to use for the search so we throw an error.

Hope that clarifies.

Katy

Adaptavist Product Support

Suggest an answer