Getting data from issue links fields

Manoj Kumar January 13, 2015

I have a set of New Features which I have saved in a Filter called "X Filter". The bugs of all these features are linked to the corresponding feature using "contains a bug(s)" link within issue link. I wanted to get all the bugs of the New Features from the filter "X Filter". 

I usually use the query - issue in linkedissuesfromfilter ("X Filter") and issuetype=bug

But there is a slight issue while using this query. Few features within my filter "X Filter" has dependency with other bugs too. i.e. Say Feature 1 has 2 bugs A and B. Here bug is the actual bug of Feature 1 and bug will be a dependent bug. This dependent bug B is infact a bug of another feature which is not part of the X filter I have created. So when I am using the query -

issue in linkedissuesfromfilter ("X Filter") and issuetype=bug

- I get all bugs (both actual bug and dependent bugs since all of them are linked to the New Feature within my Filter).

I wanted a query which can omit bugs from 'depends on' or 'dependent on' issue link. Or in other words a query which will only give bugs from 'contains a bug(s)' issue link alone from all the features in my filter.

I tried using the scriptrunner too: 

savedfilter = "X Filter" AND issueFunction in hasLinks("contains the bug(s)")

But only features with bugs in contains the bug(s) issue link is displayed using this query. I wanted to display all those bugs from those features

Any query which can serve my purpose?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

For script runner the query should be something like link:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('filter = "X Filter"')

Optionally you can have another parameter to only follow one link type.

Are you asking for recursive function, where it follows all the "contains a bug" link? And handles cycles?

Manoj Kumar January 14, 2015

Thanks Jamie for the response. Yes, I am looking to get all issues within that "contains a bug" link.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Yeah, but all, or all recursively?

Manoj Kumar January 14, 2015

Thanks Jamie, but I got the intended result by modifying the script runner query as you mentioned above. Thanks a lot! :)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2015

No worries.

Suggest an answer