Getting an XSRF Security Token Missing on an external project import

I am moving over 13k tickets over to our cloud server using the External Project Import feature 1k issues at a time using csv file exports. I have successfully moved issues 1-1000 and 2001-3000. 

But, I'm getting this error on the 1001-2000 block.

I have tried to import it through Chrome/Firefox/IE

Please help.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 4.10.37 PM.png

1 answer

Which version of JIRA do you run?

Cloud. It is the strangest thing. Is is something to do with the memory? Perhaps the saved token gets lost?

Oh, Cloud... I strongly advise to contact Atlassian support, since while there are known issues and workarounds for Server, no one has access to Cloud backend, thus only support can help even to debug this issue.

So, here is something interesting. I am moving tickets over from the on-premise server to the cloud instance and the only way to do this is by processing csv files with a maximum of 1000 entries inside.

Right now the issue I am having is with a project that is 1500 tickets. I get 2 files, the first with 1k and the second with 500.

The 500 issue file fails with the XSRF error. But when using the technique detailed in this site: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/export-more-than-1000-issues-to-excel-from-issue-navigator-in-jira-cloud-779160811.html and I input the start number at 500 it ensures that I get a full file of 1000 (500-1500). It works now for some reason now that it is a full file.

I don't care if 500 of them are already on the cloud server they will just get overridden. I have no idea why this worked but I'm not complaining.

I do not like how JIRA is set up with moving tickets this way (external system import). It's crazy sloppy.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,802 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot