Getting an XSRF Security Token Missing on an external project import

Nicholas Hilton October 24, 2017

I am moving over 13k tickets over to our cloud server using the External Project Import feature 1k issues at a time using csv file exports. I have successfully moved issues 1-1000 and 2001-3000. 

But, I'm getting this error on the 1001-2000 block.

I have tried to import it through Chrome/Firefox/IE

Please help.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 4.10.37 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Leonardo H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2018

Hello Nicholas,

How are you? My name is Leonardo and I'm part of the Jira support team!

This problem sometimes happens when you have a considerable amount of data being imported and check the Map Field Values option for multiple fields.

This particular option prompts you to an additional screen where you can manually map each value from the CSV file into existing values in Jira.

Could you please confirm if the same behavior is observed if this option is not checked?

In case the same is observed even after unchecking this field, please feel free to reach out to our support team and we'll be glad to investigate it for you!

Regards,

Leonardo Hubert

Hrvoje Jursetic January 10, 2020

Hi Leonardo

We have Jira Cloud and today, a Service Desk Agent has same error. We have set up a new Service Desk, there are just 4 test tickets. Error occurs, if we change issue type for a ticket. After clicking on "retry operation", everything is worked and the issue type is changed.

error.png

0 votes
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Which version of JIRA do you run?

Nicholas Hilton November 2, 2017

Cloud. It is the strangest thing. Is is something to do with the memory? Perhaps the saved token gets lost?

Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Oh, Cloud... I strongly advise to contact Atlassian support, since while there are known issues and workarounds for Server, no one has access to Cloud backend, thus only support can help even to debug this issue.

Nicholas Hilton November 2, 2017

So, here is something interesting. I am moving tickets over from the on-premise server to the cloud instance and the only way to do this is by processing csv files with a maximum of 1000 entries inside.

Right now the issue I am having is with a project that is 1500 tickets. I get 2 files, the first with 1k and the second with 500.

The 500 issue file fails with the XSRF error. But when using the technique detailed in this site: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/export-more-than-1000-issues-to-excel-from-issue-navigator-in-jira-cloud-779160811.html and I input the start number at 500 it ensures that I get a full file of 1000 (500-1500). It works now for some reason now that it is a full file.

I don't care if 500 of them are already on the cloud server they will just get overridden. I have no idea why this worked but I'm not complaining.

I do not like how JIRA is set up with moving tickets this way (external system import). It's crazy sloppy.

Suggest an answer