Getting Error: "Operation value must be an Atlassian Document"

sdara
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2020

We are using REST API 3 to create Issues in JIRA Cloud instance. 

{"issues":[],"errors":[{"status":400,"elementErrors":{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_11644":"Operation value must be an Atlassian Document (see the Atlassian Document Format)","customfield_11636":"Operation value must be an Atlassian Document (see the Atlassian Document Format)","customfield_11641":"Operation value must be an Atlassian Document (see the Atlassian Document Format)"}},"failedElementNumber":0}]}

We are getting the above response to one of the jira instance (lets say alice.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/ 

Where as same data when exported to another jira instance of ours (lets say bob.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/ ) its working fine .

In both scenarios , we created custom fields and assigned to the respective screens of the project. 

Can any one help us on the same ?  

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
bnr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 28, 2020

Hi Sdara,

This is due to invalid request format in the payload, Please refer the developer community for right format.

for example see below thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Questions/Operation-value-must-be-an-object-from-issue-create-for/qaq-p/895840

Rupen Anjaria
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 17, 2020

Yes, that worked, I think it should be accepted as an answer. Basically, we have to to use description as :

"description": {
          "type": "doc",
          "version": 1,
          "content": [
            {
              "type": "paragraph",
              "content": [
                {
                  "type": "text",
                  "text": "description"
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        },
Like # people like this
0 votes
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2024

Great stuff! This helped me resolve this issue!

0 votes
johann_trigos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 26, 2020

I have the same problem... Anyone?

Suggest an answer