Getting Clarity PPM Project Details from JIRA

JiraNovice January 2, 2020

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with JIRA, so I am looking for some help here. We have a requirement to integrate with Clarity PPM to get the Details like PRJ Name, PrjMgr, Tasks created under that Project etc. based on the Clarity PPM PRJ ID entered in a JIRA custom field. This PRJ ID will basically be the key tying both.

The reason for this is to tie any JIRA work entities to Clarity PPM Project/Task for financials tracking. The Program epic on the JIRA side would correspond to the PRJ ID. Any Issues Epics/Tasks/Spikes created under that Program Epic need to be tagged to a Clarity Task under that PRJ ID. 

I believe we can create a custom screen/tab in JIRA to have 1 custom input field (for user to enter PRJ ID) and then based on that retrieve from Clarity PPM the necessary details and display  the output as custom fields. The understanding is that all this can be achieved using the REST APIs that are available for both tools. We've had some success experimenting this on the Clarity side, so hoping for any insights, recommendations or references to similar topics on how this can be achieved on JIRA.

Appreciate any inputs and help. Thank you..  

0 answers

Suggest an answer