Get worklog of individual user from jira using python

Himanshu_Pant April 9, 2018

Hi Guys,

I want to get details logged by user on daily basis and details should be of last nine weeks.

Could you please suggest and check my code that I am going in right direction or not.

example :-

Key  worklogtime  logged_date   logged_by

203    2h                 2018-04-08       xyz

203    1h                 2018-04-07       abc

201     4h                2018-04-07       blaah

Piece of Code:-

import jira.client
from jira.client import JIRA

options = {'server': 'https:/example.com', 'verify':False}
jira = JIRA(options, basic_auth=('user', 'password))
issues_in_project = jira.search_issues('project=11372 and Assignee in(xyz,abc)',maxResults=1000)

for value in issues_in_project:
   try:

worklogs = jira.worklogs(value.key)
          print worklogs.timespent,worklogs.update, worklogs.updateAuthor, worklogs.updated
except:
          print("no worklogs")

Got this error :-

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "jira_test_Time_log.py", line 88, in <module>
print worklogs.timespent,worklogs.author,worklogs.updated
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'timespent'
Exception Exception: Exception('Exception caught in workbook destructor. Explicit close() may be required for workbook.',) in <bound method Workbook.__del__ of <xlsxwriter.workbook.Workbook object at 0x2bbafd0>> ignored

3 answers

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Hi

I think I've spotted what may be the problem, although I'm not familiar with the language you're using, but try this

for i in value.fields.worklog.worklogs:

print i.timeSpentSeconds

The second for has changed - you need to tell the second loop where to get the values

0 votes
Shaun S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

Hi Himanshu,

I'm able to return the worklog data related to search results using the following code.

NOTE:  The fields="worklog" option needs to be included in the issues_in_project definition for the code to work. 

issues_in_project = jira.search_issues('project=11372 and Assignee in(xyz,abc)',maxResults=1000,fields="worklog")

try:
print value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].timeSpent, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].update, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].updateAuthor
except:
print "Issue has no worklogs"

If you need to retrieve all the worklogs for a given issue you can loop over the index:

log_entry_count = len(value.fields.worklog.worklogs)
for i in range(log_entry_count):
print value.key, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].timeSpent, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].updated, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].updateAuthor

@Shaun S @Warren I want to do something like below piece of code :- want to iterate for number of worklogs entries for particular value.key

Code:-

i = 0
for i in value:
print value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].timeSpent, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].updated,value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].updateAuthor,value.key
i = i + 1

Got error :-

File "jira_test_Time_log.py", line 89, in <module>
for i in value:

TypeError: 'Issue' object is not iterable

But I was able to get results from below for 2 indexes:-

print value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].timeSpent, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].updated,value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].updateAuthor,value.key

print value.fields.worklog.worklogs[1].timeSpent, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[1].updated,value.fields.worklog.worklogs[1].updateAuthor,value.key

Not able to post things

I want to do something like below piece of code :- want to iterate for number of worklogs entries for particular value.key

i = 0
for i in value:
print value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].timeSpent, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].updated,value.fields.worklog.worklogs[i].updateAuthor,value.key
i = i + 1

for i in value:

print value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].timeSpent, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].updated,value.fields.worklog.worklogs[0].updateAuthor,value.key

print value.fields.worklog.worklogs[1].timeSpent, value.fields.worklog.worklogs[1].updated,value.fields.worklog.worklogs[1].updateAuthor,value.key

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

@Himanshu_Pant Sorry that you seemed to be unable to post to this thread.  However it appears our system flagged your messages as spam for some reason.  Once this happens, all the subsequent messages you attempted to post were then also flagged as spam.   I have restored these messages, and in turn removed the duplicates as best I could as a moderator.   This means we had to remove a number of duplicate posts from this thread.

Sorry this happened, but it is still a manual process to unflag such posts and then manage them.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2018

Hi

I think that you need to use timeSpentSeconds rather than timespent (please note case sensitivity as well) because all Jira time is held in seconds. You can then convert to hours as required.

Hope this helps

@Shaun S@Warren  :- Please have a look below and please suggest.

I am using this :- 

print worklogs.author

getting error as :-

print worklogs.author
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'author'

I am not getting any output for any object lke author,timespent and timeSpentSeconds

But when I changed my Code :-

print worklogs

It is giving the results like :-

[<JIRA Worklog: id=u'372113'>]

[<JIRA Worklog: id=u'374071'>, <JIRA Worklog: id=u'374364'>, <JIRA Worklog: id=u'374517'>, <JIRA Worklog: id=u'374819'>, <JIRA Worklog: id=u'374890'>, <JIRA Worklog: id=u'375013'>, <JIRA Worklog: id=u'375105'>, <JIRA Worklog: id=u'375347'>]

[<JIRA Worklog: id=u'374239'>, <JIRA Worklog: id=u'374240'>]

May be I am using wrong loop or something related to worklog

@Shaun S @Warren 

I want to do something like below piece of code :- want to iterate for number of worklogs entries for particular value.key

i = 0
for i in value:
i = i + 1

for i in value:

Suggest an answer