Get tag and sprint value from jira using python

Himanshu_Pant April 3, 2018

Hi Guys,

Could you please help to get Tag and Sprint value for particular issue

import jira.client
from jira.client import JIRA

options = {'server': 'https://example.com', 'verify':False}
jira = JIRA(options, basic_auth=('user', 'password'))
issues_in_project = jira.search_issues('project=11372 AND SPRINT not in closedSprints() AND sprint not in futureSprints()')
for value in issues_in_project:
print value.key , value.fields.summary , value.fields.assignee , value.fields.reporter ,value.fields.updated ,value.fields.resolutiondate, value.fields.duedate, value.fields.labels,value.fields.tag

While running the python script , I got error

DWD-9933 Loading and Validating Products username username 2018-04-02T23:27:07.000-0700 None 2018-04-06 [u'DW-Products']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "jira_test.py", line 23, in <module>
print value.key , value.fields.summary , value.fields.assignee , value.fields.reporter ,value.fields.updated ,value.fields.resolutiondate, value.fields.duedate, value.fields.labels,value.fields.tag
AttributeError: type object 'PropertyHolder' has no attribute 'tag'

Please have a look once and  help me to achieve this

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shaun S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2018

Hi Himansu,

Boy this was a tough one.  The sprint data associated with an issue is stored in the custom field "Sprint".  By calling "value.fields.customfield_<id>" I was able to get that data, but it's a nasty string containing sprint data other than the sprint name:

[u'com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.Sprint@5d9e64fb[id=1,rapidViewId=1,state=ACTIVE,name=Sample Sprint 2,startDate=2017-06-04T05:32:50.263Z,endDate=2017-06-18T05:52:50.263Z,completeDate=<null>,sequence=1,goal=<null>]']

With a little regex magic I was able to filter out the unnecessary data and only return the name.  Here's the code I used to achieve this. You'll want to replace the text "customfield_10004" with the customfield<id> that corresponds to the "Rank" field in your environment.

issues_in_project = jira.search_issues('project=11372 AND SPRINT not in closedSprints() AND sprint not in futureSprints()')

print value.key , value.fields.summary , value.fields.assignee , value.fields.reporter ,value.fields.updated ,value.fields.resolutiondate, value.fields.duedate, value.fields.labels
for sprint in value.fields.customfield_10004:
sprint_name = re.findall(r"name=[^,]*", str(value.fields.customfield_10004[0]))
print sprint_name

Hope that helps! 

Himanshu_Pant April 9, 2018

Thanks @Shaun S Appreciate your help

Shaun S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

Happy I could help! I also forgot to mention that you'll need to import the regex library for the call to work.

import re
VEERESH RAMESH KHANORKAR December 11, 2019

I ended up with :

activeSprint = re.findall(r"name=[^,]*", [str(sprint) for sprint in a.fields.customfield_10004][-1])[0].split("=")[1]

;)

Like Phong Nguyen likes this
Phong Nguyen January 3, 2020

Thank you guys so much. I have been wasting hours of my life to get to this brilliant solution.

VEERESH RAMESH KHANORKAR January 4, 2020

Glad it was of help ;)

Suggest an answer