Get request for Add on using JIRA API

Deleted user January 7, 2020

Hey,

I'm using Python Jira API, and I want to send a GET request for one of my Jira add-ons.

How I can get the auth token from the Jira API?

Can I send the request from the Jira client?

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

Hello @[deleted] ,

I am not sure I have a correct understanding of what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to build an add-on that adds a REST API endpoint to Jira Server or you are trying access an add-on REST API endpoint? Also, can you confirm you are actually using Jira Server and not Jira Cloud? 

In any case, you may want to review the below documentation pages (for Jira Server) to see if they help:

Finally, please notice that this is not the best place to get help on development  related questions. If you need support to develop your app/add-on, use the resources listed in https://developer.atlassian.com/resources. 

Specifically:

Cheers,
Dario

Deleted user January 9, 2020

Hi, thanks for replying.

I'm using the Jira server.  

I'm building a program using the JIRA Python SDK.

I need to access one of the Add-ons installed on my Jira.

The add-on has a REST API endpoint. I want to use the token that I got from the SDK

and use him to send a GET request for the API rest endpoint.

Can I send a GET request from the JIRA SDK client?  

Can I get the token from the SDK?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi @[deleted] , 

My knowledge in this area is very limited and I would therefore advise to go ask in the Developers Community instead :) 

Another option, in case of no luck with the Developers Community, is to Create a Developer Support Request.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events