Get customfield value based on field name for email templates

currently we are getting custom field values based on custom field IDs - Is there a way to get custom field values based on custom field name?

This is required because we have more than one JIRA instances and have different custom field ID's.

$issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_10011")

6 answers

Hi Srilatha,

This code works for me in Email Template field used in the Script Listener "Send a custom e-mail":

<b>Aplicación afectada:</b> <%out <<issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("CI afectado")) %> 

"CI Afectado" is the name of a customfield

Regards,

Begoña

Thank you Begona for your reply..

I have used following in my email templates, but still values are not rendered. Is it possible for you to send the whole syntax you are using? and do you have to import anything?

<%out <<issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Equipment Name")) %>

<%out $issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Equipment Name")) %>

For more information about how to write the email template see:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy+Templates#GroovyTemplates-GStringTemplateEngine

My complete e-mail template (it works for me if the customfields are configured belonging to the correct project):

<hr align="left" noshade="noshade" size="2" width="80%" />
<b>Código de asunto:</b> <% out <<issue.key %><br/>
<b>Tipo de asunto:</b> <% out <<issue.issueType?.name %><br/>
<% if(issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Datos del solicitante"))) { %>
<b>Solicitante:</b> <%out <<issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Datos del solicitante")) %><br/>
<% } %>
<% if(issue.getCreated()) { %>
<b>Fecha de creación:</b> <% out << issue.getCreated().format('dd-MM-yy HH:MM') %><br/>
<% } %>
<b>Aplicación afectada:</b> <%out <<issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("CI afectado")) %> <br/>
<b>Resumen:</b> <% out << issue.summary %><br/>
<% if(issue.description) { %>
<b>Descripción:</b> <% out << issue.description.replace("\n","<p/>") %>
<% } %>
<% if(issue.getResolutionDate()) { %>
<b>Fecha de la desestimación:</b> <% out << issue.getResolutionDate().format('dd-MM-yy HH:MM') %><br/>
<% } %>
<% if(issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Motivo de la Desestimación"))) { %>
<b>Motivo de la desestimación:</b> <% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Motivo de la Desestimación")).replace("\n","<p/>") %><br/>
<% } %>
<br/>

Thank you but looks like you are using groovy(script runner) email templates?

we are trying to update/add velocity email templates in JIRA installation (atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email) 

You're rigth Srilatha, I'm using groovy. I've never used velocity.I'm sorry

Begoña

0 vote

For including in an HTML velocity template I use something like the code below. You could use a different customFieldManager method to get the field by name but be careful that you only have one custom field with that name defined

#set ($cf = $customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_10371'))
#if ($cf)
  #set ($projectObject = $issue.getProjectObject())
  #set ($issueTypeObject = $issue.getIssueTypeObject())
  #set ( $idArray = [$issueTypeObject.id] )

#if ( $cf.isInScope($projectObject, $idArray) )
    #set ($currValue = $cf.getValue($issue))
    #if ($currValue &amp;&amp; ! $currValue.equals(""))
&lt;tr valign="top"&gt;
    &lt;td style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};padding:0 10px 10px 0;white-space:nowrap;"&gt;
        &lt;strong style="font-weight:normal;color:${textSubtleColour};"&gt;$cf.name:&lt;/strong&gt;
    &lt;/td&gt;
    &lt;td style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};padding:0 0 10px 0;width:100%;"&gt;
      $currValue
    &lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
    #end
  #end
#else
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;unknown field&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
#end

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,331 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot