Get customField value from userPicker

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to get the username of the person which is filled as a userpicker custom field while generating the issue, the script is part of post function on create transition to send a custom email to a user, the sccript snippet is -

<% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject("customfield_190")) %>

now this returns the result as key/value pair example - tsapra:1000, i want only tsapra not the 1000

There is a similar question here https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/74027/how-do-i-display-the-full-name-of-a-user-picker-custom-field-in-an-email-notification

but it doesn't seems to work, please share your opinion.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject("customfield_190"))?.displayName

(IIRC)

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2014

works, thanks!

Suggest an answer