Get boards associated with issue using REST API or jira-python

Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Hello,

Is there any way of retrieving on which boards an issue appears using either the REST API or jira-python? Basically we need to replicate the "View on board" functionality.

We are doing this because we need to retrieve the Sprint info for Sprints that the issue was removed from. For this, we are parsing the history log which only provides the Sprint name and id.

We need to retrieve the other Sprint info (endDate, closedDate, startDate) and for this we need the id of the board that the Sprint belongs to. I could retrieve all the boards from JIRA and for each of them check if they contain my Sprint but this would consume a lot of resources. If i knew only the boards associated with my current issue I could search for the sprint only in those boards.

Is this possible or should I think of a different approach?

If you have other suggestions for this use case, any suggestion is greatly appreaciated. Basically, givenm the issue and sprint id, can I retrieve all the sprint info without searching through all the boards in JIRA?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

Hi Cristina

If I understand your question correctly, you know the sprint ID and want further info about the sprint?

The API call GET /rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintId} will return all info about the sprint, given the sprint ID. See https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/REST/cloud/#agile/1.0/sprint-getSprint for further details.

Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2017

Thank you, this was exactly what i needed

Ayten Yesim Semchenko April 4, 2022

Hi Warren,

What if we want to know the board name for one whole project including all sprints?

Thanks,

Suggest an answer