Get a list of worklogs via JQL

jwood May 2, 2020

Hi,

I am looking to get a list of worklogs via JQL. My attempts to date have all returned a list of issues and therefore all the worklogs for that issue. What I am specifically looking for is a list of all the worklogs in a given two week period.

So if an issue was worked on over a four week period instead of seeing all the work logs for that issue, I would like to see only the work logs between date1 and date2.

Ideally I would be able to export that data to Excel as follows:

Row 1: Issue ID 1; Worklog 1

Row 2: Issue ID 1; Worklog 2

Row 3: Issue ID 1; Worklog 3

Row 4: Issue ID 2; Worklog 1

Row 5: Issue ID 2; Worklog 2

etc, etc, etc,

I believe it is possible to get this data via the API but I would prefer to do it in JQL so that I can get the data into Excel 

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2020

Hello @jwood 

This is not possible out of the box. You will need an addon or use the api and put the data in a csv or excel file.

Hope this helps.

jwood May 2, 2020

Thanks Mohamed. Thanks for the answer even if it is not the answer I was hoping for.

Is there an easy way to convert the API output to CSV? (i.e. so that each row contains the Issue ID and one work log)

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2020

I'm not an expert but i already use these module in python and it's work pretty good: 

-  jira 

openpyxl or wlswriter

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2020

JQL does not return anything other than a list of issues.  It has nothing to say about what you do with that list of issues.

You'll need to take your JQL and push it through something that can display and export the worklogs from a list of issues.  Off the shelf, Jira doesn't have one, so you'll need to use the API to do it yourself, or get an app that can do the report you want instead.

0 votes
sajeevsadan May 15, 2023

use jql and add time spent column to be displayed and download

Project = <xxxx>AND Sprint in OpenSprints() AND WorkLogDate >= StartOfDay(-8) and assignee = currentUser()

kerim.incedayi June 30, 2023

This will not give you what you want. Timespent assumes all worklog belongs to the assignee in this case.