Get Sprint Name from a Given Sprint ID

Rosy Salameh July 21, 2014

Hi,

I need to retrieve the sprint Name of a given Sprint ID (e.g. let's say we have SprintID = 101),

I have GreenHopper 6.1.5 on my Jira Instance 6.1.5, so, I put the following dependency in my pom.xml:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.atlassian.jira.plugins</groupId>

<artifactId>jira-greenhopper-plugin</artifactId>

<version>6.1.5</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

and inside my code, I injected SprintManager and I put:

log.debug("Sprint: " + sprintManager.getSprint(101).getValue().getName());

I obtained the following:

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'cust_single-stat-resource' defined in URL [bundle://282.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 2 of type [com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager]: : No unique bean of type [com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager] is defined: Unsatisfied dependency of type [interface com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager]: expected at least 1 matching bean; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No unique bean of type [com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager] is defined: Unsatisfied dependency of type [interface com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager]: expected at least 1 matching bean

What I have missed?

Thanks,

Rosy

8 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

This is relatively straightforward in Script Runner 3, if you wanted to give that a try, eg:

import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.customisers.JiraAgileBean
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.customisers.WithPlugin

@WithPlugin("com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira")

@JiraAgileBean
SprintManager sprintManager

sprintManager.getSprint(10).getValue().getName()

Artem July 26, 2016

Thank you so much!

Harish Kumar May 30, 2020

Hi @JamieA , 

Hope you are good,

My scenario is to update sprint goal, with the board owner name when a sprint is closed via script listener. I am trying it but i failed many times. can you help me on this.

Thankyou

Harish Kumar

0 votes
Rosy Salameh July 29, 2014

Guys,

Maybe the answer posted here could help: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/319207/does-anyone-know-how-to-implement-the-sprintmanager

Personally, I didn't try it as my specifications were modified and for the moment, I do not need to have all sprints , but we have the same request there, maybe, it could help.

Thanks,

Rosy

0 votes
David Frager _gmail_ July 27, 2014

CustomField sprint = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Sprint");

Issue issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(issueId);

ArrayList<Sprint> list = (ArrayList<Sprint>) sprint.getValue(issue);

if(list != null) {
Iterator<Sprint> it = list.iterator();

while(it.hasNext()) {
Sprint current = it.next();
log.info("Sprint: {}", current.getName());
}
}

Rosy Salameh July 27, 2014

Thanks David, it works perfectly :) !!

Many thanks,

Rosy

0 votes
Rosy Salameh July 27, 2014

Hello David,

How did you get the Sprint object traversing through an issue? Can you please post some code?

I already asked this question (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/319525/how-to-get-sprint-names-of-a-defined-issue#) but I didn't get any answer yet.

Many thanks,

Rosy

0 votes
David Frager _gmail_ July 24, 2014

I am attempting a similar implementation, and I also am seeing a null pointer after the call to SprintManager sprintManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SprintManagerImpl.class);

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2018

Hi David ,

I am also facing the same issue with null pointer when accessing sprintManager via ComponentAccessor.getComponent.

Is there a way to get it working ?

0 votes
Rosy Salameh July 23, 2014

Thanks Jamie.

but there's no way to code that in a normal plugin other than Script RunneR?

Thanks,

Rosy

David Frager _gmail_ July 24, 2014

I am also seeing a null pointer after a call to SprintManager sprintManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SprintManagerImpl.class);

David Frager _gmail_ July 25, 2014

I am able to successfully get a Sprint Object, traversing through an issue, so I am confident my local configuration is proper (POM.XML, etc). I need to have the ability to query and present a list of all active Sprints as a stand-alone entity.

0 votes
Rosy Salameh July 22, 2014

Thank you Jobin. The plugin was installed successfully when I added:

<component key="sprintManager" name="Sprint Manager" class="com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManagerImpl">

<interface>com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager</interface>

</component>

But, I returns the following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManagerImpl.getSprint(SprintManagerImpl.java:68)

in this line of code where the SprintManager was injected:

log.debug("Sprint: " + sprintManager.getSprint(101).getValue().getName());

although the class SprintManagerImpl is the suitable Jira Agile API Class 6.1.5.

My main request is to retrieve the sprint name of a given ID (here 101 for example).

Is there a way to get that? Did I miss something here?

Many thanks,

Rosy

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

I am guessing some of the internal classess are not loaded in this case. Haven't tried this API before and so I am not sure. Maybe some one else will chime in ;)

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

Hi Jobin,

When I added the following:

<component-import key="sprintManager" interface="com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager"/>

I obtained this error:
Never resolved service '&sprintManager' for plugin 'XXX.XXX.XXX' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager)
Regards,
Rosy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

Thanks Jobin but when I added the following:

<component key="sprintManager" name="Sprint Manager"/> as suggested by the article, I obtained an error telling me: required class. My version is 6.1.5

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Rosy

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

You wil need the class and the interface like this:

&lt;component key="sprintManager" name="Sprint Manager" class=""&gt;
  &lt;interface&gt;com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager&lt;/interface&gt;
&lt;/component&gt;

Find out the class from the JIRA Agile APIs.

Suggest an answer