It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Get Approvers Date time of approved by using Approval

Hi All,

In Approvers (Custom field - User picker) has 3 user needs to give approve.

As we know that, Jira displaying approved/ Declined Status, but i need date & time of approved.

Steps i followed below: 

Add Approval 01.PNG

Add Approval - Configure.PNG

Add Approval 02.PNG

How can i achieve the Date & Time of Approved.

Appreciate your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Derek Fields Community Leader Nov 17, 2019

You can use post-function on the transition to capture the current date/time stamp to a custom field.  There a lot of add-ons available that will let you do that. If you need to capture the date/time of multiple approvers, you may need multiple custom fields or you could capture the date/time as a comma-separated list in a single text field.

Hi @Derek Fields  Thanks for your response,

Post-function on transition - Approvers are not actually changing the status when they're giving approve but clicking Approve/Decline provided by Approval (Refer pic 1 Add Approval). After all approvers are done with the response then status will move from "Awaiting for approval" to "Approve/Decline". So, we cant capture the each approvers date time.

Multiple Custom fields - Approvers are not fixed, they might be more approvers based on document.

Comma-Separated list - Since we're not getting the action of each approvers then how can we capture all timestamp. Even, This will end-up being chaos with timestamp of whom.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you