How to create  Personal access token for my userid in jira

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

@G Krithica - As of Jira 8.14 (Server or Data Center), it is now possible to generate Personal Access Tokens (PATs):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/using-personal-access-tokens-1026032365.html

Ankit Dalal February 22, 2022

@Dave Liao I'm using jira software 8.5. But I can't find an option to generate personal access token

Arianna Fabbri February 25, 2022

Possibly you need to upgrade to 8.14?

Like Ankit Dalal likes this
3 votes
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2019

Hi @G Krithica,

API token in not a feature available in Jira Server, but in Jira Cloud instead (Create an API token). Please, have a look at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67869 in which provides you with information about your inquire.

At the same time, I would strongly suggest you on voting and becoming a watcher so you can receive latest updates on the feature suggestion. Leaving a comment, sharing how important this feature is to your business is something the development team is very interested on knowing and this could be one of the factors to have the feature prioritised.

Currently in Jira Server you can authenticate by using OAuthBasic, or Cookie-based authentication, depending on what you're trying to do.

Hope the answer given was the one you were looking for.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Jaylynn Soto August 7, 2020

On Jira server it could be done with plugins e.g. API Tokens for Jira

Suggest an answer