GIT Migration from Redmine

Nawaaz SOHAWON April 3, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to migrate the Git from Redmine to JIRA cloud.

I have used the Git Integration for JIRA add on and used the 'Connect to Basic Git Repository' option and entered the https for Redmine GIT.

Question: is there a way to completely migrate the GIT from Redmine to JIRA completely?

Nawaaz

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nawaaz SOHAWON April 3, 2018

Thanks for your response Aron.

I will check your suggestion. Would you not happen to have a guide on moving GIT fro Redmine to Bitbucket?

Thanks again

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2018

I described that in my last sentence above:

You can easily import an existing Git repo to Bitbucket by adding Bitbucket as a remote, then pushing the existing repo to that remote.

Although this guide is written for Bitbucket server, the idea should be the same for Bitbucket Cloud, too.

Nawaaz SOHAWON April 4, 2018

Thank you

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2018

If it helped, remember to click the checkmark next to the answer, so that future users can see that.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2018

Jira is an issue tracker, therefore it will not provide you with a Git repository.

But:

1. Atlassian has another cloud based offering called Bitbucket, which is a hosted Git service.

2. Jira and Bitbucket are seamlessly integrated and play really nicely together.

You can easily import an existing Git repo to Bitbucket by adding Bitbucket as a remote, then pushing the existing repo to that remote.

Suggest an answer