GIT INTEGRATION FOR JIRA: Link to create branch / Pull is missing

Narayan Gupta March 5, 2019

I have installed GIT INTEGRATION FOR JIRA and configured git repositories which are hosted on the same server as Jira. I am able to browse the repository and commits that are linked to the issue. But i don't find the hyperlink to create new branch for an issue as shown in the graphic below. I have enabled the option "Enable branch creation":

git_enable_branch_creation.PNG 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark L. Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

Hello,

We support branch creation/pull requests when you use one of the special connectors like GitLab, GitHub, Microsoft TFS/Azure DevOps, AWS, etc...

If you use the "plain" Git connector or a tracked folder, those options will not be available.

Narayan Gupta March 5, 2019

Hi, thanks for the input. Why are they not available for plain git connectors? Will they be made available in the near future? Alternatively, will these options appear if I connect to the repositories via ssh?

Mark L. Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

We have in our backlog to bring branch manipulation to the "plain" Git connector.

Pull requests/merge requests are different on different Git servers --- and these require use of the Git vendor APIs.

SSH will still use the plain Git connector, so it will still have the same behavior.

tobias_schaer March 18, 2020

So how can I get those special connector for GitHub for example? I'm currently trying to create branches from within JIRA for GitHub, but nothing seems to be suitable for JIRA Datacenter.

Thanks @Mark L. Smith for your thoughts!

Like tobias_schaer likes this
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2020

@tobias_schaer - Mark is no longer with our company but the app we support is the Git Integration app which supports creating branches/pull requests for GitHub (and others) from inside a Jira issue. If you have any follow up questions - email us at support@bigbrassband.com 

Cheers,

Adam

Like # people like this
tobias_schaer March 18, 2020

Hi there @Adam Wride

many thanks for your reply. If this functionality is given, I'll try out your plugin - much appreciated!

Best regards,
Tobias

Like Adam Wride likes this

Suggest an answer