GDPR settings

wade furney April 28, 2022

Can I disable strict GDPR settings?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Macolino June 3, 2022

Two examples of changes with JIRA's GDPR implementation: 

1. User IDs are now represented as their alphanumeric ID vs. their email address or ID. I have many filters where I have "assignee in (user,user,user)" and it converts the username to their ID. If you want to see what users are in that filter later on, good luck - it's better to delete them all and readd them. Painful. 

2. If you try to use the rest API to search on username like https://<jirainstance>/rest/api/latest/user/search?username=dale", it gives the error "The query parameter 'username' is not supported in GDPR strict mode."

I do not have any users that are within the net of GDPR and should be able to disable it on my instance if I so choose to. Is there a way?

Dave Macolino June 3, 2022

@wade furney  - apologies - that was supposed to be a reply to @Andrei Pisklenov _Actonic_  it won't let me delete it. 

0 votes
Andrei Pisklenov _Actonic_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2022

Hi @wade furney ,

What do you mean by "strict GDPR settings"? Could you please share more details?

Suggest an answer