Formatting in the Note field when sharing an issue

Shawn Odegaard February 11, 2013

This field is very useful for sending information to users you don't want in the issue because the Note field doesn't get stored anywhere where people can see it. However, if I want to send multiple lines it is basically unreadable since the JIRA strips out all the carriage returns from the Note field when it is sent via e-mail. Is there a way to format text in this field so the carriage returns don't get eaten?

Also, often times I am sending this information to the reporter. It would be nice if the share box didn't cover the reporter name or if there are checkboxes for reporter/assignee/etc.... A few times I have typed the note, then forgot who the reporter is, so have to copy the notes, then close the box, get the reporter name, then share again.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for the feedback.

I realize this does not immediately suffice your needs, but I went ahead and created a feature request on your behalf here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31723

You can vote, comment and watch the ticket for any updates.

I apologize I could not be of more service.

Cheers,
Jason | Atlassian

Victoria Harpe August 15, 2018

This is a big problem.  I'm getting complaints about the terrible formating fromthe Share field.

0 votes
Victoria Harpe August 15, 2018

There should be a way to use HTML or wiki formatting!

Suggest an answer